How to interpret a technical drawing is an essential skill to anyone involved in industry, especially prior to learning GD&T. This one-day Basic Print Reading course is designed for those who need an introduction to drawing interpretation.
- The role of prints in industry
- Types of graphic representation
- Basic steps in reading a print
- The "alphabet" of line types
- Orthographic projection—visualizing the 3D part
- Interpreting title block
- Notes and revisions to a drawing
- Auxiliary and section views
- Dimensioning and tolerancing
- Manufacturing specifications—screw threads, surface finish, etc.
- Introduction to GD&T
All training is in accordance with ASME standards. Your group will be able to practice these concepts with many class exercises and evaluation of sample drawings. Participants are also encouraged to bring drawings to the class for discussion!
This course can be made available for your entire group, and can be customized based on your needs and time constraints.