Our most popular course is GD&T Fundamentals. It is usually two days, but it can be expanded to three days. Participants in this comprehensive seminar will learn to:
- Explain the benefits of GD&T
- Evaluate tolerances for size, form, orientation, and location
- Interpret feature control frames for each GD&T symbol
- Determine correct datum usage and how it affects manufacturing and inspection
- Calculate “bonus” tolerance for MMC and LMC
- Apply geometric tolerances to drawings
- Determine the virtual condition to ensure assembly
- Explain “composite” tolerancing for position and profile
All training is in accordance with the new ASME Y14.5-2018 standard (but also covering the 2009 or earlier standards as needed). Your group will be able to practice these concepts with many class exercises and evaluation of sample drawings. Participants are also encouraged to bring drawings to the class for discussion!
This course can be made available for your entire group, and can be customized based on your needs and time constraints.
Click here for the general course outline.
For pricing information, contact us.
Occasionally we offer this class as a “public” seminar, which is ideal for individuals or companies that do not have enough participants to host an on-site class. If this might interest you, contact us to ask about upcoming dates and locations.